Keep Austin Together offers nutritious, prepared meals for Austin-Travis County residents experiencing food insecurity. Supported by a grant from Travis County, the Cook’s Nook partners with local organizations to provide a variety of nutritious, prepared meals to their clients in need.
We partner with organizations that are already serving local residents, particularly those that have been directly affected by COVID. Our partner organizations support some of the following individuals:
- People under quarantine
- First responders and healthcare providers
- People who are ill, immunocompromised, or disabled
- The elderly or people in assisted living facilities
- Community members isolated in rural areas without access to facilities
- People who are pregnant, postpartum or sole caregivers for infants and small children
- People lacking transportation, a kitchen or other resources
- Students and independent youths
- Those in supported housing
- Communities in transition or experiencing homelessness
We prepare the food. Our program management team handles the logistics. Our partners pick up the meals from the Cook’s Nook, or designate a drop-off location. Each organization has the pleasure of handing off the meal to their own clients.
If your organization is serving local residents, particularly those that have been directly affected by COVID, reach out today to find out how to partner with Keep Austin Together.
|Pasta Bolognese + Seasonal Vegetable with Garlic Twist||Chicken Pot Pie +Seasonal Veggies||Chicken Pot Pie + Seasonal Veggies||Masala Curry Bowl + Chicken with Rice and Naan||Masala Curry Bowl + Chicken with Rice and Naan|
|Chinese Chopped Salad with Chicken, Sticky Sesame Rice||Chinese Chopped Salad with Chicken, Sticky Sesame Rice||Italian Glazed Meatballs, Pesto Pasta, and Buttered Carrots with Garlic Toast||Italian Glazed Meatballs, Pesto Pasta, and Buttered Carrots with Garlic Toast||Traditional Chicken Salad on Dressed Mixed Lettuces with Seasonal Fruit and Roll|
The Keep Austin Together program is currently partnered with 34 organizations that are currently serving folks in Travis County that are food insecure. Let’s partner with you![gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]