The Cook’s Nook is excited to announce the return of A Texas Table: A Feast for A Cause at Lenoir in South Austin. This special event is our annual fundraising dinner highlighting the must-tell stories of the Austin-Travis County community.
This unique, four-course dinner is inspired by Texas traditions, which will provide seed dollars to help support innovative, upstart organizations that impact Austin-area communities through nutrition and education.
Celebrating Community Impact
This year, we’re celebrating Black Mamas ATX and Partners for Education, Agriculture & Sustainability (PEAS)—two organizations working to create sustainable and self-sufficient communities.
Black Mamas ATX is a group of everyday women dedicated to saving the lives of Black mothers. The organization aims to eliminate the alarming maternal mortality and morbidity rates among Black women. Through programs, increased awareness, training, outreach, and research, Black Mamas ATX is leading the charge in Central Texas to get the education and access to resources needed for healthy pregnancies and birthing experiences.
PEAS is a 501c3 nonprofit organization based in Austin, TX, and founded to cultivate joyful connections with the natural world through outdoor learning and edible education. PEAS operates and maintains a community farm, runs camps, and leads professional development to help teachers bridge critical science, nutrition, math, and health concepts from the garden to the classroom. PEAS currently works with 32 schools in the Austin area, engaging more than 3,000 students.
Food From Industry-Leading Chefs
The dinner features four local chefs and leaders key to the Central Texas and national food system, and in their work have shown a commitment to fairness and to food equity:
- Joi Chevalier – founder of The Cook’s Nook, Escoffier School of Culinary Arts, Les Dames d’Escoffier, James Beard House guest chef
- Uyen Pham – Executive Chef and Instructor at Culinary Institute of America, UNESCO Chef Ambassador, Food Network Judge, Disciple d’Escoffier, Les Dames d’Escoffier
- Todd Duplechan – Chef/Owner at Lenoir, Chef/Partner at Lefty’s Gin Bar, Gin Bar, Vixen’s Wedding, Dovetail Pizza. Thrillist Chef of the Year, Edible Austin Local Hero, CultureMap Tastemaker
- Robert Hale – Chef and Manager of Culinary and Foodservice at Texas Beef Council, Current Director of Austin Chapter of Texas Chefs Association
- Pavla Van Bibber – Chef-Instructor at Escoffier School of Culinary Arts, Westwood Country Club, Lakeway CC, UT Austin, keeper of Central Texas Czech pastry tradition